Friday, November 4, 2011

Welcome!

If you're new to my blog, welcome! 


If you've moved with me from What to Read Today, thanks for coming! In case you missed it, here's the explanation for the move:


When I first decided to start a blog, I had in mind a certain format and certain ideas that I thought would fill the space here. As I began to write and opine, the blog evolved into something quite different than I imagined it would be. I originally thought the blog would be snippets of daily news items with my brief commentaries. "What to Read Today" suited that format, but as time went on, I began to find my own voice and realized I enjoyed writing original pieces, mostly on political issues. Recently I've been feeling like the current format doesn't match the current content. So I've renamed the blog and given it a face lift. 


The name is taken from a quote by President Reagan who said in a speech toCPAC in 1975:
"Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?..."
"...A political party cannot be all things to all people. It must represent certain fundamental beliefs which must not be compromised to political expediency, or simply to swell its numbers. 
 "I do not believe I have proposed anything that is contrary to what has been considered Republican principle. It is at the same time the very basis of conservatism. It is time to reassert that principle and raise it to full view. And if there are those who cannot subscribe to these principles, then let them go their way."
Bold Colors. Reasserting the principles of conservatism. And hopefully, unmistakably clear!

I invite you to subscribe by email, Google Reader, RSS, or carrier pigeon.  I'll be posting at both locations for a few weeks until we all get used to this.  

Thanks for reading...

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment